Our attorneys have handled mergers and acquisitions varying in magnitude from entrepreneurial small and mid-sized businesses to multinational operations valued in excess of $100 million. We have represented both sellers and buyers in a wide variety of business fields, including telecommunications, steel, manufacturing, software, electrical contracting, computer network integration, footwear, cable television and insurance brokerage. Many of the transactions we handle are transnational in scope, involving both overseas laws and business operations situated in different countries.
We are well-versed in all aspects of M&A transactions — the analysis and negotiation of the basic transaction and contractual terms, tax considerations, the drafting or review of the definitive acquisition or merger agreements, supervision and handling of the due diligence process, navigation of tax, antitrust and securities issues and all closing and post-closing matters. Our special experience with financial matters and international transactions enables us to provide a unique benefit to our M&A clients.
- Represented European multinational ceramics manufacturer in all phases of its strategic acquisition of a Mexican manufacturer of pigments
- Advised electrical contractor, affiliates and their shareholders in its negotiations to sell their businesses to a publicly-traded entity for cash and stock, including all negotiations, due diligence, antitrust compliance, tax planning and stock restriction considerations, as well as coordination with applicable foreign law concerning U.K. affiliate
- Represented steel manufacturer, importer and trader in its asset purchase acquisition of the flat-rolled steel division of a U.S. steel manufacturer and trader
- Represented Bolivian telecommunications entity in negotiations for acquisition of Bolivian cable television business, where definitive agreement was governed by U.S. law
- Advised videoconferencing system and software designer in all aspects of negotiations with venture capital firm, and in subsequent sale of business to new investor group
- Advised Italian telecommunications entity in its acquisition of major stake in a U.S. long distance telecommunications carrier